Monday, June 20, 2011

Designer Spotlight - Emily Henderson











I was looking at Emily Henderson's work, when I bumped into these amazing pics from her work for her HGTV show. Living in Mexico, I haven't seen the show, but I instantly fell in love with her style. I picked these because I like the blue sofas all around (ranging from aqua or turquoise all the way up to cobalt blue and purples). There are a few rooms with a non-blue sofa, but you can find the blue element somewhere (think of rugs, curtains, etc.).
So, why is this interesting for me? Well, for starters, I find it original. Normally you'll find neutral tones, but here she goes all the way with blue, and with quite lovely results. And second of all, this is exactly what I had in mind for my TV room: an aqua velvet sofa.
=)

So, moving on with Emily, I love the vintage feel to all of the spaces. It takes me back to the days when I was a little girl (not so long ago, mind you). Take the retro elements and mix them with a modern twist. The result is so welcoming to me.

And now, time to name favorites! Definitely the turquoise sofa with the big, bulky, rustic coffee table. What's not to love?

And of course, there's the gray rocking chair with the "love" pillow. Sigh.

Have a happy day!

No comments:

LinkWithin