Sunday, November 22, 2009

The House Tour


I've been delaying this post for a couple of weeks, but I figure it's time for me to give you a house tour. This way we can have a "before" to work our way up and compare with. A starting point.

In order for me to give you a proper starting point, I asked a neighbor of mine who is just moving out of her place if I could take pictures of her empty house (all of the houses here are exactly the same). I wish I had these pictures of my house, that way I could show you the problems we have been dealing with, but then again, remeber I met the bloggosphere just a few months ago?

So, prepare yourself  for some very (and I mean VERY) blah scenes. The first room you walk into is a kind of foyer, and it looks like this:



Ta-dah! Nothing to look at! (Don't say I didn't warn you). If you take a look at the right, you see the street.



And this how it looks like to your left:



I know, let's move forward! The next room is the living / dining room. As you can tell, all of the rooms in the house are tiny! This one is 19 feet long and 10 feet wide. First a look at the dining area, towards the little garden.



Now a look at the living room area, next to the "garage". Again, you see the street.



If you turn around, you face two sets of stairs: the ones going down take you to the powder room, the ones going up take you, well, upstairs.




Upstairs, the rooms are also very small. There are three rooms. The first two have very similar looks: a window and a closet.





And now for the Master B.

Closet here:



Window there:



By the way, this is one of the best features of the entire place. I know it's difficult to tell by the pictures, but there's a small balcony (I can't tell you enough how much I like balconies). And in my house's case, the view is pretty too.

I wish I could have more for you, but there's actually no exciting pictures to show (since there are no exciting rooms yet). :(

However, what I love about this dull scenario is that I get to work on it! To me, the possibilities are infinite! Of course the place is small, AND we have to deal with sooooo little time and budget, but that's what makes this challenge even more interesting!

So stay tuned for our first few changes around the house. I'm also working on Xmas decor, so come back for surprises!

Have a wonderful Monday.


No comments:

LinkWithin